Pentecostal Church

Churches
At the foot of Pfingstberg hill stand the buildings of the former Auguste Victoria Pfingsthaus Foundation: the church, the rectory, the widows' house, the old and new Pfingsthaus buildings, the stable, and an entrance gate. It began in 1851 with the establishment of a "rescue home for the education and rehabilitation of morally neglected boys." Queen Elisabeth donated the land. The church was built in 1894. Initially conceived as a chapel for the institution, it was expanded immediately after its completion. A wooden ceiling, extending far into the roof space, spans the church interior. The exposed beams are carved and painted. Two large pointed arches, projecting into the roof space and resting on a central column, pierce the former rear wall of the chapel, along with a round opening behind which lies the gallery with the organ. The court box is modeled after medieval choir stalls and bears the Empress's coat of arms. Worth seeing are the numerous late-Romantic stained-glass windows depicting saints and scenes from the life of Jesus.

Good to know

Opening hours

Other opening hours:

Open for church services and concerts/events!

Nearby